Jan 29 , 2024
When it comes to weaves and extensions, there are a few things to consider.
1. Expected look
2. your natural texture, density and Condition
3. AfterCare - maintaeinance
Answering these few questions will also begin the filtering process. The two installs are very different, and both offer two distinct benefits.
I have always found a braidless microlink install is an excellent option for my straight hair clients, especially for those clients whose hair can not particularly hold a braid. This method allows for volume and length as just about all extensions does. It, however, works best when textures of the natural hair and commercial hair are close to identical. Because a row of your hair and a row of the commercial hair is applied, the textures must match to ensure less work while maintaining your weave care at home. The braidless weave is done in-between rows of the natural hair therefore, the textures should match as best as possible.
The traditional weave works really well with afro kinky textures, as braiding natural kinky hair is one of the best ways to protect this hair type. The more of the natural hair that is protected, the better. Traditional weaves also allow you to wear whatever texture you desire because most of the natural hair is put away. This also allows you to be able to play more with textures and colours without having to change the texture or colour of your hair. There are several methods for the traditional weave.
PRO'S AND CON'S
- works well with sleek straight hair (relaxed, processed hair; with keratin, texture release treatment
- allows maximum flatness
- Seamless Blending and Versatile Styling
- Instant Volume
- works for all hair types
- high ponytails
- quick drying time after shampoos
- Full leave-out: clients with specific lifestyle that requires access to their scalp (medication, wash after gym etc)
- not ideal for mixing with natural afro textures.
- full leave-out, textured hair requires straightening treatment to blend
- After-care depending on batural hair texture.
- ideal for protective weave
- LVH methods allows a versatile styling as you would with microlinks-weft
- with mimimal leave-out or closure piece you can apply any hair texture
- ideal for afro Hair
- Full to semi-protective style, for growth and retention
- quickly achieve length and fullness
- No heat, adhesive, braids making it non damaging
- longer drying time after shampoo
- minimal bulk due to braids
- not suitable for sleek straight hair (braids can unravel)